Rates and Policies
Marc Michaud’s Music Lesson Policy
PHONE: 313 485 8677
Please understand that some reading principles and understanding of music is essential to learning the guitar and any instrument. For the guitar there are four types of reading:
C) Chord Charts
D) Scale Charts
For children it is mandatory that they learn the four types of reading for the guitar. It will better prepare them for all styles, as some just want to learn the guitar and will change musical genre and picking styles as they go. For adults, I will give the option of learning to read notation. Most adults know what they want to learn and know of their time restrictions.
- Lessons are $30 per half hour, $45 per forty-five minutes and $60 per hour. Lessons must be paid for as a tuition based monthly manner. The entire month’s tuition is due at the first lesson of each month. Please, no exceptions.
- If your lesson falls on a holiday, the lesson will be rescheduled. If the rescheduled time does not coincide with your schedule during the month the teacher will look into the next month for possible make-up times.
- If you need to miss a lesson, please let the teacher know within 24 hours and a make-up lesson will get scheduled within the month or again into next month. If you fail to give a 24-hour notice, the teacher has the right to refuse a make-up lesson. Per billing cycle no more than one 24-hour notice will be credited except for vacations to which extended vacations the teacher may choose to fill your slot. The teacher may offer makeup lessons to fulfill any extended lost lessons.
- If the teacher misses a lesson, he will make up the lesson or pro-rate the next month’s tuition.
- If there is a school break, lessons will still be scheduled, unless the teacher says
- If the teacher is late your lesson will run over the amount of time necessary to complete your lesson. If it is longer than 15 minutes the teacher will contact you to either prepare you to start late or reschedule, or credit you.
- Tuition can be paid by cash, check, Zelle, Venmo, Cash App, or Pay Pal.
-I will explain which books and music paraphernalia at you or your child’s first lesson.
-I prefer parents sitting in on their child’s lesson.
-Students who have been playing long enough will get the opportunity to play in a “Jam Session” where they will play with a live band, get it recorded and mixed to mp3.
-Students performances and or pictures may get posted onto the website. Please sign below on the first line for any legal concerns, and if you agree to the above lesson policy. If you do not wish to have your child’s picture posted onto my website but do agree with the lesson policy, please sign on the second line.
I agree with the policy and it’s Ok for you to post some pictures on the web ———————————–
I agree with the policy, but would rather you not post pictures on the web ———————————–